Nous sommes actuellement le Jeu 28 Mars 2024, 7:05 pm

Hello From Melbourne, Australia! Convertible Swift inside.

A small (but important) place for our English speaking members
  • Auteur
Tay

Débutant

Hello From Melbourne, Australia! Convertible Swift inside.

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 9:53 am

Hi All,

First I would like to introduce myself, I'm from Melbourne Australia, I'm part of the http://www.redlinegti.com and http://www.teamswift.net club.

Just thought I'd share my convertible, I purchased this car back in May 2006, these cars are very rare here in Australia and you will be very lucky to find one, and if you do, your also going to have a hard time finding parts, most parts we can get locally from the GTi, but the convertible parts are next to nothing.

I purchased the car completely stock standard, and since May 2006 I have been working on it on and off, to sum it all up, the car has been stripped for new paint job and body kit, and it has be converted to FULL GTi spec, it took me almost 10 months to complete, but it was all worth it.

For a little more info on my build up click on the following link;

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/vtp.23723.0.asc.0.htm

Below are pics of my experimental custom angel eyes headlight conversion.

For more info click on the following link;

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32032

And last but not least, below is my Car Domain link, more info can be found there;

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971873

I hope you enjoy my ride, and feel free to ask any questions.

Regards
Tay

Partager sur :

Partager sur Facebook Facebook Partager sur Twitter Twitter Partager sur MySpace MySpace

4PorteGT

Turboed Suzuki

• 1994 Suzuki Swift

Re: Hello From Melbourne, Australia! Convertible Swift inside.

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 12:38 pm

your swift looks awesome man i'm just wondering how you did your angel eyes projector. Keep up the good work!!!

no-speed-limit

no-swift-limit

• 1989 Suzuki Swift

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 5:55 pm

welcome to our website :)

nice car BTW 8)

Kram

Un MANIAK De Suzuki Posteur!

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 6:04 pm

WOW what a good looking convertible.Keep up the good work.I am also wondering how you did your angel eyes?
93 Swift GT:Le boost était définitivement là....et il reviendra encore plus fort. ;)

Y-r/97swift

Donateur

• 2008 Infiniti G35X

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 11:20 pm

NICE :P me like it alot
GRAY 08 Infiniti G35X
(Oo_____oO)

RED 91 Swift Dohc

Tay

Débutant

MessageLun 14 Juil 2008, 11:56 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your warm welcome's and comments.

:) Yes, a lot of people asked me how I did my angel eye projector conversion.

For little bit more info, I have included a link in my original post to http://www.redlinegti.com where I answered a few questions.

Basically, while in Hong Kong for work, I came across a auto store and saw these lights, these lights are actually fog lights with an LED ring around the fog light. I purchased two sets of these fog lights (two fog lights per set) I asked if they had any more and the store said that these were the last two they had and they were happy that these were sold as these were sitting on the shelf for ages!
I had a rough idea how small the housing is inside the headlight and these fog lights looked small enough, but I wont find out until I head back to Australia.
When I got back home, and began work on the lights, these were the perfect size!, the glass from the headlight was removed and the fog lights were mounted inside the housing, it was a really tight fit inside and because the fog lights were the correct size, everything fits nicely.
All the wiring was tapped into the existing wiring harness, a few people who removed the glass from the headlight used the oven trick, as in putting the headlight in the oven so that the seal is softened and then removed, I did the quick way and used a heat gun, I had to be careful as the heat gun will heat the plastic very quick and it could/will melt if you are not careful.
As you can see in the picture, my installation went fine, however when I purchased the lights, I didn't realise that one set of the lights I bought was Blue LED and the other was White LED, here in Australia it is against the law to have either blue or red lights on your car. So after driving around for a couple of weeks, I decided to take my headlights out again and change the Blue LED to White LED, very big mistake, because I use the heat gun to heat up the glass to soften the seal, what I didn't realise is that the LED ring is made of plastic, and the heat from the gun heated up the glass way too much and it melted the rings! So I put my standard lights back on.
I knew someone that was going to Hong Kong again so I asked them to visit the same store to buy the lights again, only problem is that they don't make them no more and they visited other auto stores and none have the same size, they have bigger ones but not the smaller ones.
I have searched high and low on the internet to find the same lights without success, however I managed to find something smaller, after many hours of installing these new angel eyes projector lights, the beam it gives out is too weak!, I cannot see the road at night which is very dangerous, they use the same light bulb, but the new set I got is way to dim. I think it came down to the design of the housing of the projector fog lights, the first set I bought was a better design so that when the light is on, it projects the light forward, whereas these other sets I bought, the light projects in a circle and not forward.
The only tip I can give to whoever wants to do this is make sure you try and find the smallest size possible, any bigger will not fit, take your time and be patient and don't rush. Only problem with this conversion is that if you blow a light bulb, you will have to remove the headlight glass, remove the fog lights to change it, this is very time consuming and when everything is back together, you will spend half a night adjusting your lights.
I'm sure I might have left out a few steps, any more questions, let me know.

Metro666

Crazy Suzuki Guy

MessageMar 15 Juil 2008, 2:00 am

WOW beautiful man! :shock:
And your angel eyes really makes your Swift stand out from the others!!
Keep up the good work man!
:D :D
Paraplégique mais toujour vivant!
En attente pour mon prochain véhicule.

Serious GT

Donateur

• 1992 Suzuki Swift

MessageMar 15 Juil 2008, 5:46 pm

very very nice vert..Welcome to our forum. Love that front bumper . Curious to know how much front bumper costs? My front mount intercooler would look great in one of those.

Tay

Débutant

MessageMer 16 Juil 2008, 7:59 am

Serious GT
The front bumper is made by a company called "Online Performance" here in Australia, this particular front bar is called "Online".

Their website is below.
http://www.onlineperformance.com.au/bodykits_closeup.asp?index=Suziki+Swift

Also X-Racing, also here in Australia has a copy of the above bar.
http://www.xracing.com.au/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=1665

From memory, I think I paid $350 AUD for that front bar, this is a very rare bar, not many GTi's here in Australia has this front bar and yes its very suited for a big front mount intercooler.

Below is my GTi which has been turbocharged, I have sold this car just over a year ago, it has the same front bar and side skirts, but the rear bar is different.
Here's come photos of my old GTi.

I never got around to changing to a bigger intercooler to fill up the front bar :)

tazzzzzz

Nitrous Suzuki

• 1993 Suzuki Swift

MessageSam 19 Juil 2008, 9:16 am

those cars looks like brand new ones!

AWESOME!
Civic 1998 EX manuelle toute équipée (176 000 km)

meany ge

Syntaxiquement québecoise

MessageSam 19 Juil 2008, 10:09 am

Woahhh, really nice cars!!!! :shock: 8)

We want more pics :wink:

Welcome :)
« Je suis content de ma bagnole, peut-on appeler ça de l'auto-satisfaction ? »
[Philippe Geluck]

Retour vers English Quarters